It doesn't take much to make me happy. If you ask my husband he would call me Miss Cranky Pants, none the less I do tend to appreciate the small things. I don't need big happenings in my life, its the insignificant little wonders that make me smile.
Right now one of my favourite things is to use the Instagram app on my iphone to alter my photos, if you follow me on Twitter then I'm sure it's become quite obvious.
I have discovered that I automatically photograph the things that make me smile inside, the blips of my life that really brighten my day.
So I've decided to put together a little photo display of all things that make me smile.
1. My morning green smoothie, I have one every day and I love experimenting with all sorts of fruits and vegetables.
2. The view from my front window as the sun comes up in the morning glistening on the ice covered lake.
3. My beloved Frangipani plant, a gift from my mother and one that I cherish dearly, its bloom is slowly emerging and has only done so twice in the past 6 years.
4. My photo wall, a reminder of the love that fills my life and my favourite one with a butterfly settled on its corner is a photo of my Dad who I lost 2 years ago to cancer.
5. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, almost every night for 3 years we have read this book to our first born and now to both our boys, they recite it word for word and I will never tire of it.
6. Bath time, because my husband usually bathes the boys, giving me some time to clean up after dinner in peace and also because it means the end of Mommy duty is nearing and Me time is coming up.
7. Me Time, indulging in my favourite hobby, carefully choosing beads for hand made earrings, I love every pair I make and I wear them all the time.
8. A night cap, well okay, I don't indulge every night but on the weekends I love to sip a rye and ginger, it only takes one to make me giddy which is not so much a bad thing.
9. Oh and how could I forget these 2, their love for each other makes my heart fill to the brim and brings tears to my eyes.
What are the little things that you might capture in pictures without realizing they are all your favourite things?